Digital Story Competition
Our Digital Story Competition continues for 2015. This replaces the Children's Illustrated Story Competition that operated in previous years.
Prize winners for 2014 are:
Junior section (Years 7, 8 and 9)
First - Brynlea Gibson for Bocky can Feel Too! (St Aidans Anglican Girls School).
Second - Jonathan Nelson for Claustrophobia (Tannum Sands State High School)
Third - Lucinda Bankowski for Looking for Josie (St Aidans Anglican Girls School)
Senior section (Years 10,11 and 12)
No entries received in this section this year.
Master Storyteller (pre-service and professional teachers)
First - Kelli McGraw for Coffee Shops (QUT)
Entries will be accepted in the following categories:
- Junior Storytellers (Years 7, 8 and 9)
- Senior Storytellers (Years 10, 11 and 12)
- Master Storytellers (pre-service and professional teachers)
All digital stories must adhere to the guidelines:
- Stories should be 2 - 3 minutes long
- All images, music, and words used must be either original material, or materials that are suitable for use under copyright regulations (e.g. material appropriately licensed under the Creative Commons)
- All stories must include a voiced narration
- Use of music is not required, but storytellers may use it if they wish.
Each school can submit up to FIVE entries in each category. Entries must be burnt to a DVD and posted to ETAQ's mailing address - PO Box 3375, STAFFORD DC QLD 4053.
The closing date for entries is Friday 23 October 2015.
Junior and Senior Storytellers will receive cash prizes of $200 for first place, $100 for second place and $50 for third place.
The prize for the winner of the Master Storyteller section will be books to the value of $100, cash $100 and full membership of ETAQ for 2016 valued at $99; the second place getter will receive $100 plus $100 book voucher; third place getter will receive $50 and a $50 book voucher.
The following competition materials can be downloaded:
- storyboard outline form Storyboard outline for digistories
- judging criteria Digital Narrative Judging Criteria
- details and entry form ETAQ Digital Storytelling Competition Rules and Entry Form 2015
ETAQ appreciates the sponsorship of Jacaranda for this activity.
Prize winning entries from 2013 are now available for viewing.
First prize Trapped written by Kathleen Macfarlane from Our Lady's College, Annerley
Second prize Losers written by Ruby Turner from St Aidan's Anglican Girls School
First Prize Interstate 15 written by Kyle Walsh from Kirwan State High School
Second prize Two Worlds that make one written by Jamie Howell from Faith Lutheran College, Redlands
Third prize Antarctica & The Arctic written by Lisa Kang from Runcorn State High School.