Words'Worth is the journal of The English Teachers Association of Queensland (ETAQ), currently published three times a year. It functions as a forum for professional sharing about English teaching and does not involve a system of formal, blind peer review common to scholarly publications.
1. Decide on editorial direction and content in consultation with Management Committee.
2. Work with English teachers and the tertiary sector to gather materials which reflect and encourage best practice.
3. Promote ETAQ activities to build and foster the English teaching community.
4. Arrange for themed editions as and when appropriate.
1. Plan for upcoming issues, receive and solicit articles, decide on suitability (with input from Management Committee members if necessary) and ensure material for each issue is ready by the due date as shown on ETAQ's calendar.
2. Communicate with contributors including negotiating revisions.
3. Edit material ready for hand-over to the Administration Officer for submission to the desktop publisher in a timely manner.
Interested persons should send an expression of interest, including a statement outlining their suitability for the position (in not more than 400 words) to Administration Officer, Trish Purcell at email@example.com by Friday October 27th.
|Tags: Editor of Words'Worth|
Atherton SHS Presents
Atherton State High School Presents will be the first activity for the Townsville Branch in 2019. The program is designed to share experiences and practical advice relating to the different contexts of English. Full details are available here. Where: Pimlico SHS When: Saturday 16 February, 2019 Time: AGM - 8:30, first sess...
This is the first time I have been to an ETAQ conference and it was really sensational to get so much at all of the sessions.
ETAQ conferences always have sessions that make me excited to be a teacher.
I know that ETAQ conferences in the past have never disappointed - valuable, relevant, practical, inspiring so I came again.Read All