ETAQ E-pistle 28-11
A possible job for someone
ETAQ’s affiliated national body, AATE, is a partner in the project described below and this information is being distributed by this means as some members may be interested in submitting expressions of interest for the job detailed.
Call for Expressions of Interest:
Project Manager – Helping our Kids Understand Finances Professional Learning Package Development
As the lead agency responsible for financial literacy education in Australia, ASIC has been tasked to implement the Australian Government’s initiative, Helping our Kids Understand Finances (HOKUF), to support the development of young peoples’ financial literacy knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviours. One component of HOKUF is the development of a Professional Learning Package that will build teacher capacity to deliver consumer and financial literacy across the Australian Curriculum from Foundation to Year 12. Specifically the Package will be designed to:
- Equip teachers with the knowledge and skills to be able to confidently and effectively integrate consumer and financial literacy into and across relevant learning areas of the Australian Curriculum.
- Provide teachers with the tools and resources to support effective teaching of consumer and financial literacy to students through real-life contexts.
- Strengthen teacher capacity to engage their school community, including parents, in consumer and financial literacy education.
A Consortium of national professional associations has been contracted by ASIC to develop this Professional Learning Package. These associations are the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers (AAMT), Australian Association for the Teaching of English (AATE), Australian Literacy Educators Association (ALEA), Australian Science Teachers Association (ASTA) and Business Educators Australasia (BEA).
AAMT is the lead agency, with CEO Mr Will Morony as Project Director. These organisations are delighted to be able to undertake this important work, and look forward to the project making a significant contribution to supporting teachers and schools in the area of financial literacy.
The Consortium wishes to appoint a Project Manager to commence duties as soon as possible.
The Project Manager
Duties The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of the project to ensure delivery of high quality products in line with the project’s timeline:
- Supervise and support the development of materials by small ‘task groups’ of experts identified by the associations involved.
- Ensure timely and effective input from consultants engaged by the project to support the work.
- Liaise with key leaders of professional associations, officers of ASIC and groups established to provide advice to the project.
- Make presentations about the projects to a range of audiences as required.
- Monitor project budgets.
- Prepare regular progress reports for the Project Director and ASIC.
- Other duties as required.
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Experience in managing complex projects in education.
- Sound knowledge of policy and practice in relation to consumer and financial literacy in schools.
- Knowledge of the broader national education agenda, especially in relation to the Melbourne Declaration, national curriculum and national teaching standards.
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven capacity to meet deadlines.
This is a full time position.
Term of appointment:As soon as possible to July 2013
Salary:From $100k pa
Location:To be determined in consultation with successful applicant.
Other conditions: Extensive interstate travel and some out of hours work will be required.
Expression of Interest
People interested in applying for the position are required to prepare a short (1-2 pages) written Expression of Interest that addresses the experience, knowledge and skills outlined above. An annotated version of relevant components of a Curriculum Vitae may suffice. The written Expression of Interest should contain the names and contact details for at least two referees able to comment in relation to the specific experience, knowledge and skills required for this position.
For more information: contact Will Morony (email@example.com; 041 99 44 910)
Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on 24 October 2011.
President, English Teachers Association of Queensland (ETAQ)
Monday, October 17, 2011