Call for presenters for seminar on 28 May
ETAQ’s second half-day weekend seminar in Brisbane for the year will be held at Brisbane Grammar School on Saturday 28 May. Read more
Have you paid your membership dues?
Continuing members are reminded that our Rules require that dues need to be paid by 31 March Read more
With a successful March seminar now behind us the next event on ETAQ’s PD calendar is our first ever Beginning Teachers’ Day to be conducted at Stuartholme School at Toowong on Saturday 2 April.
The aim of the day is to assist beginning and pre-service English teachers to cope with the demands of actual work in schools. The program and registration form has been being mailed to schools in the south east area of the state and can also be downloaded from the Events page. This will be a great opportunity to network with other beginning English teachers. Key details are:
- Times: 9:00am to 3:15pm, 5 hours 15 minutes of Continuing Professional Development
- Cost: $45 for the day alone or $125 for the day plus ETAQ full membership (value $99)
- Topics include: essential grammar, creative writing, behaviour management, marking & drafting, using ICTs
- Catering: lunch and morning tea provided
- Registration due by: 26 March
Annual General Meeting
Members are reminded that the Association’s AGM will be conducted from 8:45am to 9:25am on the morning of Saturday 19 March in conjunction with the seminar at Stuartholme School at Toowong. Read more
Replies required for March 19 seminar at Stuartholme
ACTF Resource on Persuasive Text
ACTF (Australian Children’s Television Foundation) has recently released a DVD-ROM entitled Persuasive Text: An introduction to using persuasive language in the classroom. Read more