ETAQ’s currently planned program of PD activities in Brisbane for 2011 is as follows:
- Saturday 19 March: seminar entitled “The Power of Persuasion” at Stuartholme School at Toowong. The keynote speaker is Alison Robertson, President of SAETA, the South Australian English Teachers Association. The AGM will be run in conjunction with this activity.
- Saturday 2 April: Beginning Teachers Day at Stuartholme School at Toowong.
- Saturday 28 May: seminar entitled “Literature for the Global Citizen” at Brisbane Grammar School.
- Saturday 20 August: annual State Conference at Lourdes Hill College at Hawthorne. Theme: “English for Generation Next”.
- Saturday 29 October: Literary Spring Breakfast at the Botanical Cafe in the Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens.
Other PD events of interest to English teachers are:
- 18-21 April: IFTE Conference in Auckland, NZ. The conference website can be found here: http://www.ifte.net/Conference.htm
- 3-6 December: AATE national conference in Melbourne.